The biggest benefit I’ve found of using Bower is the act it forces you to not just “hack” a change into a library. Instead I have now started submitting PRs to projects on GitHub and getting changes into the libraries themselves.
The particular library that is causing me headaches at the moment is Offline.js. In our case we consume a HTTP API (I don’t want to be hit over the head by Jonathan Channon for using the word REST when our API isn’t!) and if that API returns a 503.
You’d think that’d mean in offline.js that the server is offline and it’d do its thing.
Seems I’m not the only person to have hit this issue with the library.
I guess I can maintain my own fork of the project that treats the 503 the way I want it or simply find another project. Although it’s the best project I’ve found so far for the task except this one problem.